Support Dare 2 Care Animals on their mission to rescue stray animals - shelter a furry friend at your home until adopters are found. Maybe this little buddy will give you more than you will give him/her. Wanna try?
To foster a cat or dog isn't hard at all. Here's how you can give a chance for a happy new start:
- shelter the animal at your place (make sure you can provide separate room, if you already have pets);
- feed the cat/dog twice a day;
- give them love and attention and care for them according to their specific needs and character;
- take them to the vet for treatment if necessary, etc.
All animals arrive in their foster homes after a routine veterinary check and parasite cleanse.
Throughout the foster care period the Dare 2 Care Animals will support you and will help with advice and whatever is necessary, according to the needs and available resources. They will also take care of finding adopters.
You can commit long-term or for a limited time only, depending on your circumstances. Typically, animals in foster homes get adopted within a few weeks to 3-4 months (with rare exceptions).
Sofia and Veliko Tarnovo.
- To give someone a chance for a new life (and get tons of love and pure happiness in return).
- To have a sweet little friend to keep you company.
- If you love animals and are considering having a pet, foster care is a great way to find out what it's like.
Plus: Some volunteers also get the opportunity to participate in short-term international youth exchanges on different Erasmus+ projects.
First come the attitude, care and commitment to the cat/dog you take in.
Stray animals are often badly scared or injured, and need time, love and efforts to socialize and become adoptable. Some of them will need medical treatment, too. Get armed with patience and motivation.
Previous experience with animals is a plus, but even if it's your first time - no worries, the crew will explain all you need to know.
Volunteers must be aged 16 or above. If you are younger, make sure you ask your parent/guardian for approval and assistance.
How do I take part?
Click the green "I will do it" button and see how to get in touch with the organiser.
// photo by mkriedel
Once a mission you participate in ends, you can tell us how it went in a couple of sentences ("it was great" won't do).
It's simple: after the end we send you instructions - follow them. This way you earn points and rise in rank , others get inspired and we're all happy.